Cardens is one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in Brighton & Hove and is highly respected within the business community. This was most recently highlighted by winning the Professional Services Award and the Chamber Member of the Year Award at the 2018 Brighton and Hove Business Awards (BAHBA’s).
One of our core values is engaging with and look after our team members, who in turn engage and look after our clients.
We offer a great environment to work in; located in a beautiful Grade 2 listed building in the centre of Hove. The Old Casino is a historic structure with a modern interior – a perfect reflection of Cardens; traditional accountancy practice with a modern twist. Our aim is to make accountancy needs for all easy to understand, with a friendly personable approach and efficient digital systems.
The team work hard, but know how to have fun too! Join in with 5-a-side football, volleyball, pool, go-karting or a few drinks on a night out.
We are always pleased to hear from talented individuals who can help make our team even greater. In return, we offer long-term rewarding career opportunities. We are justifiably proud of our numerous examples of home-growing our talent, including Trainee Accountant to Partner and delighted to have achieved ACCA Approved Employer status for Trainee Development – Platinum.
If Cardens sounds like the place for you & your career, find out more by contacting our HR Manager, .
Currently, Gill is recruiting for:
Trainee Accountant – part ACCA qualified with relevant Practice experience, ideally 18 months+. Hours 5 days / 36.25 hours per week.
Portfolio Manager – Fully qualified accountant, ACCA or ACA, with solid Practice experience. Hours 5 days / 36.25 hours per week.
- Ideally min 2 years experience of managing large client portfolio, (Large being 2-300k) and reporting direct to Partner.
- Experience of dealing with high net worth clients and property sector ideal.
- Commercially driven with an emphasis on providing quality advice & service to clients.
- Working to performance targets and hot on budget management.
- Used to a fast pace work environment and able to work in a very organised, methodical, time efficient and accurate way
- Ability to develop business.
- People management skills to enable coaching / mentoring of others and good feedback skills