skip to navigationskip to main content

Cardens A-Z Guide of Business Expenses You Can Claim: T is for…


Telephone and mobile phone costs are another expense that you can claim tax relief for. If your telephone and/or mobile phone are used solely for business purposes then you can claim tax relief on the full line rental and monthly payments.

If you work from home and use a home telephone or personal mobile phone partly for business related calls then you can claim these calls as you will be able to clearly separate these using an itemised bill. You can also claim a percentage of the line rental costs based on how much you use your phone for business.


When travelling on business, if you incur tolls or car parking fees, you can claim tax relief on the full costs. However, as mentioned in Parking Fines you cannot claim tax relief for the costs of fines.

*If you need tailored accountancy advice contact us directly or come along to one of our free events.



Client Area

Tax Investigations Protection