skip to navigationskip to main content

Cardens A-Z Guide of Business Expenses You Can Claim: M is for…


Unfortunately, you can pretty much never claim tax relief for any medical expenses incurred even if they are for an injury sustained at work.

There are however exceptions, HMRC gives an example of an experienced radio performer who has her teeth straightened to allow her to work in TV. It is generally best to consult your accountant who will be able to advise you on this topic.


There are numerous guidelines set by the Inland Revenue about what can and cannot be claimed for tax relief regarding motor expenses. The rules also vary according to whether you trade as a sole trader, partnership or limited company.

The most common method by far is to include the business mileage applying a pence per mile as set out each year by the Inland Revenue. Check out our online calculators that can help you with this.

If you need tailored accountancy advice contact us directly or book your 1-2-1 Open Studio session with us THIS WEEK Sept 25th26th or 27th.



What Our Clients Say

Meet The Team